Hotels & Accommodation
Convert your spare, empty and unsold hotel rooms into new business. It goes without saying that even if your hotel has empty rooms the fixed cost of running your business remains unchanged. This means every day you are simply losing money.
Unfortunately, you can never recover your lost revenue from an unsold room. Once the date has passed it will have gone forever and you will have missed the opportunity to make money from it. But it doesn't have to be this way.
Take a look at other areas of your business that could be losing money due to spare capacity. Do you offer conference facilities for the business sector? Do you cater for weddings and private parties? Are these function rooms fully booked?
Fixed Overhead Expenses
Mortgage or rent for the building, business rates, room service staff, catering and bar staff, telephone, heating and maintenance. These overheads remain the same regardless of whether your hotel has 1 guest or 20 guests.
Typical Costs & Expenses
- Advertising - Local magazine or national advertising to attract new guests.
- Internet Marketing - More and more hotels are investing in internet marketing, which also involves improving websites and online booking systems.
- Printing - Hotel information, brochures and personalised printing such as letterheads, compliment slips and business cards.
- Office Stationery - Pens, paper, envelopes, ink & toner cartridges etc.
- Computer servicing & maintenance costs.
- Laundry services
- Dry Cleaning services
- Staff incentives
- Customer loyalty schemes
- Trade persons - Plumbers, Electricians, Decorators, General Maintenance.
- Room and office furniture
ALL OF WHICH ARE AVALIBLE TO BUY FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THE SATACHI COMMUNITY.
The industry standard is that hotels operate at 80% occupancy, which means if your hotel has 20 rooms that sell for an average of £80 per night, you would stand to lose around £320 per day. This potential loss in revenue amounts to a total annual loss of £116,000. and it could be much more if you provide conference, catering or special function facilities.
SUMMARY OF BENIFITS OF JOINING THE SATACHI COMMUNITY
- Sell unsold rooms at market price
- Avoid discounting rooms heavily
- Gain access to a whole new customer base
- Offset your current cash outlay
- Keep you hard earned cash in the bank
- Get the products and services you want and need
- Have an edge over your competition